Join the flooring revolution with Shaw Contract and Iobac MagTabs
We have found a way to prevent expensive Raised Access Floors and Shaw Contract carpet tiles from being contaminated. Steel Raised Access Panels expected life span is at least 25 years and carpet tiles are replaced on average every 7/10 years and we can prevent contamination by using reversible fixing mechanisms like MagTabs. Firstly, MagTabs cover only 4% of the floor and are removable without damaging the floor or the Access Panel and when removed restore the RAF to its original condition. Secondly, when you need to replace the flooring, you don’t need to do any costly remedial work because the floor covering is clean and can be used again. Thirdly, Shaw Contract is extending the manufacturer’s 15-year warranty for carpet tiles to include a second life of the floor covering when installed with MagTabs. Finally, if the carpet tiles do need to be recycled they are free from contamination.
Iobac MagTabs are stocked alongside Shaw Contracts extensive EMEA flooring collections in Scotland for immediate delivery. We are presententing a new RIBA approved CPD, An alternative solution in non-adhesive workplace flooring, please get in touch to book a CPD presentation in your office or online.
Read the full whitepaper on how MagTabs are revolutionising the commercial flooring industry BELOW
Order a free MagTab sample box
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
– Uplifted flooring is free from adhesive contamination, meaning it can be reused or more easily recycled through the manufacturer’s take-back scheme
– Sustainability certification scheme credits for material efficiency and waste reduction
– Extra embodied carbon is avoided through material reuse, rather than renewal
– Access flooring and sub-floors left undamaged
– Zero mess, cleaning, or remediation costs needed
– Reduced install, maintenance & disposal costs
DESIGN FOR DECONSTRUCTION
– Universal Fixing System – combine different flooring types and brands in one design – Use on most commonly prepared sub-floors
– Reversible fixing enables flooring and base to be easily separated
– Easy uplift of tiles for repair and redesign
For interior architects, designers, facilities managers, contractors, explore the benefits of flooring using adhesive-free methods. This CPD looks at options for non-adhesive flooring solutions and examines what is available for the commercial workplace, including magnetic flooring systems. Non-adhesive flooring as a system is considered from the perspectives of sustainability, design flexibility and operational impacts.